Islamic Empire - Islam
1. What are people who believe and follow the religion of Islam called?
d. Middle Easterners
2. What is the Quran?
a. The most holy city of Islam
b. The leader of the Muslim world
c. The pilgrimage Muslims make to Mecca
d. The holy book of Islam
e. A place where Muslims go to worship
3. What are the five basic acts that form the framework of the religion of Islam?
a. Five Holy Books
b. The Five Caliphs
c. Five Pillars of Islam
d. Five Commandments
e. The Sacred Five
4. What is the giving of alms to the poor and needy called?
5. What is it called when Muslims don't eat or drink from dawn to sunset during Ramadan?
6. What is the pilgrimage to Mecca made by Muslims called?
7. What is a Hadith?
a. A place where Muslims worship
b. A text describing the actions and sayings of Muhammad
c. A Muslim holy city
d. An Islamic religious leader
e. A pilgrimage to the Islamic holy city of Mecca
8. What is a Muslim place of worship called?
9. What does the Arabic word 'Islam' mean?
10. What direction do Muslim's face when praying?
b. Towards the city of Mecca
d. Toward the Sun
e. They don't face any specific direction
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the Islamic Empire - Islam page at www.ducksters.com/history/islam/islam.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.