Middle Ages Timeline
1. What period of time is covered by the Middle Ages?
a. 1000 BC to 100 BC
b. 500 BC to 500 AD
c. 1 AD to 1500 AD
d. 500 AD to 1500 AD
e. 1000 AD to 2000 AD
2. What event signaled the start of the Middle Ages?
a. The attack of the Vikings
b. The fall of the Roman Empire
c. The crowning of Charlemagne
d. The fall of Constantinople to the Ottoman Empire
e. The invention of the printing press
3. What is the difference between the Middle Ages and Medieval Times?
a. The Middle Ages took place first
b. The Medieval Times took place first
c. The Medieval Times took place only in Asia
d. The Medieval Times only refers to the Vikings
e. No difference
4. Does the Dark Ages refer to the first half or second half of the Middle Ages?
a. First half
b. Second half
5. What leader of the Franks was crowned Holy Roman Emperor in the year 800 AD and is also considered the father of the French and German monarchies?
a. Richard the Lionheart
d. King John
6. What document did the King of England sign that said the people had rights and that the king was not above the law?
a. The Charter of Liberties
b. The Constitution
c. The Magna Carta
d. The Cartulary
e. The Liber Instrumentorum
7. What was the name of the disease that killed nearly half the people of Europe?
a. The Black Death
c. Small Pox
8. What were the wars between the Holy Roman Empire and the Muslims called?
a. War of the Roses
b. The Crusades
c. The Hundred Years War
d. The Ottoman Wars
e. The Islamic Wars
9. What Scandinavian peoples began to invade northern Europe in 835?
a. The Huns
b. The Tartars
c. The Vikings
d. The Mongols
e. The Franks
10. Who invented the printing press in Europe?
b. Albert Einstein
c. Alfred the Great
d. Johannes Gutenberg
e. Leonardo da Vinci
About this quiz: All the questions on this quiz are based on information that can be found on the Middle Ages Timeline page at /history/middle_ages_timeline.php.
This quiz is copyright property of Ducksters and TSI. All rights reserved. Please visit www.ducksters.com.